my whole body hurt
in a way I
didn’t think was
possible
it must have been
100 degrees that day
as I gasped for air
in a hot car
moving slowly to what
I hoped would be
some sort of end
I felt like I might
die
and there were moments
when I really wanted
to
as traffic locked me
into position
I couldn’t believe
how much I
hated
every car and
every person
ever made
and all I needed
was a place to breath
to sleep
to live a day when
the sun could be
a little kinder
and I continued moving
slowly
toward what
I hoped would be
some sort of
end
and in what seemed
like a million
hours
I was under
cool sheets
restlessly sleeping away
pain and delirium
and another day
I never wished
to relive
but sleep was
only a dirty trick
and I awoke to the sound
of a child that
was not my own
he was playing outside
and screaming a
stupid child scream
and my head exploded
I couldn’t believe
how much I
hated
every cell that
had divided to
make him
I got out of bed
and slowly walked
to the kitchen
for a glass
of water
my body still throbbed
it hurt to breath
to walk
to think
but I had
to do all
three
I drank the water
but remained
thirsty
and all I really wanted
was a sound
proof room
or something else
as equally
intangible
I again felt
as though
I might stop
living
and then
there were those
moments
where I thought
I had probably already
died
and my head
exploded
and I could not
believe
how much I hated
every second that
passed
but I continued moving
slowly
toward what
I hoped would be
some sort of
end
And yet you lived to tell the story.. this is one of my favs of yours... very Buk-esque...
ReplyDelete